Monday, December 12, 2011

A typical Monday.     Left home at about 9AM to go to Blessed Trinity for Bible Study.     I gave the participants each a little gift as we never know who will not be here next Monday.   It was a very confusing Psalm and we will be tackling it again next week.  Hopefully we will be able to make sense out of it.

Had a nice visit with Mother.    We got her bills all caught up and I addressed a couple of Christmas cards for her. 

Then I went to have lunch with Dick.     He had occupational therapy today.    This was not a great day for him.   The CNA's had trouble getting his prosthesis on and he was left long enough in bed that his back started to hurt.   He has requested that he come home a week from tomorrow, on Tuesday December 20.    The wheels are in motion.   Now I will be pushing for him to transfer more and to put on his own prosthesis.

I came home at about 2PM and attempted a nap.   I did manage to rest for an hour.    I have spent the rest of the afternoon setting various Creche's around the house.    I am not bringing EVERYTHING up but thought that I should put all the Nativities out.

Tomorrow, Tim from Wisconsin Prosthesis will be seeing Dick and we assume measuring the stump to see if it is still shrinking.    We will have to be thinking about how to handle seeing him too.   Though we went to Sheboygan for those three years in between the amputations.

So,  another day close to Christmas and another candy cane on the tree.    Talked to Jim and Michelle tonight.   They are getting excited about their visit as are we.

I had called, Bret, Bart and Barb and Leslie and Bill last night and talked to them, but Jim and Michelle weren't home.   Everybody else is doing very well.

Bless you as you sleep this night.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: