Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It rained today.   Actually it poured for a part of the morning.  Such a strange year.    Here it is December 14th and we still have not had a measurable snowfall.     Weird!!!!!

I got the packages for the out of state families to the post office today before I went to Rocky Knoll.   I also stopped at Walgreens and picked up some stocking stuffers and some gifts that I need for the staff at Rocky Knoll when we leave. 

I also stopped to extend my sympathy to a friend whose mother died this week.    She was 97 years old and still on her own also.   I told Bob, that he had better figure on a lot more years.    She looked lovely..

I got to Rocky Knoll while Dick was still in therapy.   He finished a couple of strengthening and balancing exercises, then I pulled up the car and he showed the therapist how he gets in and out of the car.    He DID need a slight assist pulling himself up but we will be able to do it.  I was pleased myself.  We had lunch together and then  he got a haircut.    He wanted one before he came home and it looks good.    I think he would like his beard a bit shorter but I like it the way it is.

Then we played a couple of games of rummy.   We each won a game.   And then I came home.  It has been a nice afternoon.    I got a lot of easy work done.   Tomorrow, I will be home all day.   I am not taking a shower.   I intend to just concentrate of phone calls,  putting things away and baking.  AND A NICE NAP IN THE AFTERNOON.

So until tomorrow.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

IF A FAT GUY GRABS YOU AND PUTS YOU IN A BAG,


DON'T WORRY,

I TOLD SANTA I WANTED A GOOD FRIEND FOR CHRISTMAS!

No comments: