Saturday, October 08, 2011

I finished adding everything I needed to the Marigold wine this morning.  I am pretty sure that this is the very last batch of wine that I will ever make.   A little bit sad, but we had a lot of fun on our run and I just don't have as much fun with it without Dick working along with me.   I don't think I told you this story.  A few years ago, I had a gallon of orange juice start to ferment, so I thought I would add the nutrients, and Camden tablets etc to it along with yeast and see what happened.    Last fall I tried a bottle and it was just awful.    I never got around to pouring it out.   Last week I brought up a bottle and opened it just for fun.   It smelled better and more like orange.   So I tried it and it is much better.   At least drinkable.   So my Dad's flat advice for wines that don't taste good "let it age" was good advice.   I tried it again because Bobbie had mentioned that a strawberry wine that she had made that seemed to be a disappointment was improving with age also.

I was supposed to breakfast with my friend Bob this morning.   I forgot.   When I remembered, I called him immediately and we rescheduled for this evening.    We went to the restaurant at the Airport.  It was good.   The entrees were so big, we got soup and appetizers and I still brought food home.   Bob is working on an icon of Bridget for me.   He showed me the project at this point and it is just super.  

Dick did not have therapy today, but we put both of the prosthesis on and he tried to stand with the walker.   Then Kevin came in and helped him transfer from the bed to the wheel chair and told him not to try to stand alone.   He just might fall and that would be really bad.   He did will with the transfer though.

So the day is done and I am glad.    Roxie is happy to have me home and will be my little companion when I get to bed.  

May your Sunday be all you want it to be and more.

God love you

Mary
.

No comments: