Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Today was a beautiful day.   Sunny, warm (74 degrees), blue skies and not windy.    The trees are turning rapidly and the views from the highways as I drive to see Dick at Rocky Knoll are just spectacular.   The sun makes the leaf colors so intense that sometimes they take your breath away.

I stopped at the library on my way over to Rocky Knoll because the Kettle Country Quilters were doing an all day quilting day.   I could not be there all day but dropped off my 6 9 Patches that we all prepared for making lap robes for Christmas to be given to Rocky Knoll.    Then I went and spent the morning with Dick.  After lunch, I went back to the library for the meeting.    I helped in the assembly of a couple of the  lap robe tops and then shared the Brigid  flame with the club.   I had my Brigid wall hanging too so it was a fun share.

I have a laptop to be assembles by the December meeting.   Seems reasonable.   I am also working on Christmas presents and a couple of quilt tops, especially one for me this winter.

After the meeting, I went back to Rocky Knoll as they are now having the cocktail hour at On the Rocks twice a week, Tuesday and Friday.  Dick was finishing therapy when I got there and walked for me.   After On the Rocks, we went outside for a little walk.

Now I am home and ready to be in bed.   I talked to Bret tonight.   He is doing well.   Busy as can be but he has been able to get out to his place at the river regularly.

So until tomorrow, God love you

Mary

No comments: