Friday, October 07, 2011

I just checked WISN and got it just as the Brewers won the first series of playoffs.    Wow,  There is joy in the Beer Capital of the world and all over Wisconsin.   I am even excited and I have not really followed baseball for years.    I guess I will be more involved at least for the next week for the playoffs.

I went over to Rocky Knoll before 8AM this morning to have breakfast with Dick as Tim from Wisconsin Prosthesis was coming at 8:30AM and I wanted to be there for the adjustments and instructions.    I brought a scone and fruit for my breakfast.

Tim was on time and along with Michelle, the PT therapist, Dick walked three separate times with the walker and make more steps than he has ever done before.  His steps are nice and even albeit short and rather hesitant.   The therapists, however, are not holding him up, he is moving and standing all on his own power.   Still need a slight boost to get off of the chair.   Anyway we were delighted and he is now to walk  more and increase wearing time of the right prosthesis.

I had a chiropractor appointment in Sheboygan at 1:40PM so I ate lunch with Dick, then headed over there.   That went well, I hope,  It will take a couple of times to see if this is going to heal my ribs but it can't hurt and I need to be in the best shape possible when Dick comes home.    I ate the Rocky Knoll lunch.   It was great.   Seafood Alfredo.   Dick was not thrilled with that so he had a pork chop.   But it was really good.

Nancy and her friend Warren and I went shooting tonight.   My first target was not too good but the last two were kind of impressive.   It is always fun but as they say, it is MORE fun if you are doing well.   Saw a lot of my friends tonight.   I am sorry that I will not be able to remain a member of the club but I could not maintain the work requirements that are involved.    I don't think they are unreasonable for members but they are too much for me now.

I just snacked for supper and then mixed up the marigold wine must that I have been trying to get to for a couple of months.   So it is almost time for bed again.   There just are not enough hours in the day.

God love you.   Tomorrow should be a bit quieter.  

God love you

Mary

No comments: