Saturday, September 17, 2011

What a lovely day.    This morning was a bit chilly.   And there was a gentle rain/mist falling when I drove to Rocky Knoll at 9AM.   But that is OK.   It is neither 100 humid degrees or freezing.  

I spent a couple of morning hours with Dick.   He is looking pretty good.   We enjoyed our visit.  I left at about 11AM so that I could finish up that I wanted done for the Scone Baking CWI meeting this afternoon.

People started arriving shortly before 2pm.   There were 10 of us here.   A good turnout and we were a happy bunch.   I really enjoyed hosting this and was happy to be able to present a booklet with four of the five scone recipes that were prepared to all the attendees.    Joan Schwabe was happy to eat scones that were not all dry and crumbly.   She figured from our ravings about scones, that there had to be more to them than she had experienced before.    We had Cream Scones, Lemon Scones, Cranberry Orange Scones,  Pumpkin Parmesan Scones and Cinnamon Streusel Scones.  

A good spirited meeting, covering what we will be doing the rest of the year.   Joan Kramer also discussed our car pooling and joining up for IBAM (Irish Book Art Music) at the Irish Historical Center in Chicago in November.    Joan and I will both be presenters in the Literary Salon that CWI is hosting.   I will be reading my poetry.

Joan is also heading the committee for the Spring Gathering next year.    I also told everybody that as I will be helping plan and will be a presenter at the Irish Day at John Michael Kohler Art Center in January, I was not planning any other meeting for that month.     Hopefully our members will want to help or at least come to enjoy the day.

I already called my sweetheart to say goodnight.   Dick and I always talk at about 7PM.   He sounds good.   Took him a while to answer, he had not looked at the clock and was in the bathroom brushing his teeth.   I am glad that he is taking initiative to take care of himself.

Tomorrow is the day that my parish, St. John the Baptist celebrates it's 150Year anniversary.   I am going to the Mass and reception in the afternoon, starting at 1PM.  I figure that I probably have to be there at 12PM to be sure that I can park within a mile of the place.  So I will again spend part of the morning with Dick and then high tail it over to St. Johns.   All three our the choirs are singing and will be doing a special program before the mass.   Archbishop Liscecki is officiating.   I just want to be a part of it and perhaps meet the Archbishop at the reception.

Busy times, but at least I have enough sense to not double book these days.   I have ignored MANY events, because I am learning that I have limits and am picking and choosing my priorities.

God love you all

Mary

Senior View

The Importance of walking


Walking can add minutes to your life.
This enables you at 85 years old
to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing
home at $4,000 per month.

No comments: