Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It is much cooler today.   I don't believe that it got over 65.   But the sun was shining and I found it quite comfortable.    I had my jacket in the car but had no need for it.

I was busy this morning, mainly down in the den. 

First:  I racked my Currant/Marigold wine for the second time.    It is really quite pleasant though kind of raw yet.   As Dad used to say.   "Let it age.".   It will, however, be one of a kind as I figure that this will be the last year I make wine.   I have enough Marigold blossoms for a batch of that and then I will be done.   I am glad that Bobbie is interested in and making lots of wines as we have all the equipment and it is really nice to keep it in the family.  Roxie joined me down there.   She really fussed at me for a while.   I think she was asking what I was doing down there racking wine without Bobbie.


Then I started sewing.    I have so many items in various stages of assembly an since Saturday will be Celtic Women Scone Baking day here and we will be using both ovens, I figure I had better have that area at least looking like I have some semblance of order to my life.

Then I took care of some business and fixes a sandwich for lunch with Dick.   Did I tell you I made a small batch of fudge yesterday.    This appealed to Dick.   I am glad as his appetite, even for things he loves, has not been good.    I got to Rocky Knoll just in time to watch him stand for the first time today during his OT session.   He actually stood twice then and twice after lunch during PT.  

He still has some pain in his chest but the fever is gone.    His appetite is still poor but he aims to eat half of what they give him at each meal.    He was delighted with the fudge though.   He is still losing weight, but at a slower rate, which is fine.  Only three more days until the prosthesis for his right leg comes.    Yippee!!!

Got a special email tonight.   My granddaughter, Nora, who is going to have a baby early next year sent me an email to let me know that they are now absolutley sure that it is a boy.   She had expected a girl so now has had to change all her plans for the nursery.   I am very delighted.   I would have been just as delighted with a girl, of course, but I do have two great grand daughters already and a great grandson will be fun.    In any case, it is AMAZING and I am a happy lady.

I figured out how to use the rest of the mini marshmallows.   I made 5 Cup Salad:   1 11oz can drained Manderin oranges, 1 8 oz can of pineapple, 1 cup coconut, 2 cups mini marshmallows and 6 oz of sour cream.    Yum yum

Have a lovely Wednesday.   It is shopping day and also On the Rocks Afternoon at Rocky Knoll.    So Dick and I will have our hour date and social hour.

Love you

Mary

No comments: