Monday, September 12, 2011

Finally as normal a Monday as there will be as long as Dick is at the Rehab Center.   

I went to Bible Study this morning.   We had seven of us there and discussed Psalm 32 which deals with forgiveness.   Sunday's readings were all on forgiveness too.    We are amazed at how often this happens.   Forgiving is not always that hard but forgetting is.    There is a wonderful song called The Poison Tree about not forgiving.    It starts by the singer singing that she forgave her friend and the anger died.   But she did not forgive her enemy and she nurtured the anger until a Poison Tree grew inside of her.

Then I went to Mother's.    We got all her bills paid and had a really good visit.    I brought her some of the chicken dinner that I prepared yesterday.  

I ate lunch at home and picked up the mail, then went over to Rocky Knoll.  Dick was in therapy when I got there.     He stood two or three times today.   His arms and legs seem to be gaining strength.   He stood for 5 minutes this morning.    When we left therapy we went to the nurses station as he said that his shoulder is hurting again.     He has a slight fever and the nurse could hear some congestion in his back.    They emailed Dr. Sharon who suggested going back to Memorial.   HOWEVER,  Dick and I were not thrilled with that.   Another tiring trip with all those tests and then a return later tonight which is what I am SURE they would do did not seem practical.   He is still on antibiotics from last week.    The doctor is going to prescribe the breathing therapy that helps break up things and he can ask for more pain meds if the pain gets worse.   I would rather see if this will help first and Dick was delighted with the option.

Good news.   His prosthesis will be here on Friday.

I came home at 5:30PM right after supper.   I made some fudge.   I had some miniature marshmallows and an open can of canned milk that I did not want to waste.   I still have some marshmallows.   Got to think of something.

Tomorrow is a quiet day - no appointments.   Just can do things I want to, like sew, straighten out for Saturday and rack the currant/marigold wine.   Then I will go to be with my guy at 11:30 and have lunch with him.

God love you

Mary

 

No comments: