Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A 55degree day.   I even wore a jacket and a long sleeved tee today.

I slept a bit late today.   Roxie insisted that I feed her at 6AM.  But - I went back to bed and slept until after 7.   Boy did that feel good.

I had a quick breakfast and then went grocery shopping and filled the gas tank.  I was home shortly after 9AM and was able to do a bit of sewing, pay some bills and pull out china for Saturday's Scone Baking.   We don't need much but will want tea and coffee and a plate to set the scones on.

Dick was standing for the second time when I arrived at Rocky Knoll.    He had stood for 5 minutes and stood for another 5 after I got there.   Everybody is so excited.   He has not had a fever since Monday and the ache in his chest is almost gone.     We had lunch and came back into therapy for OT.   He stood again for 3.5 minutes.   This is indeed a record.   Good practice for Friday when the other prosthesis comes.

At 3PM we went down the hall to the On the Rocks Coctail hour.   That is a nice break for us.   Out of the room in a social setting with a glass of white wine and each other.

I came home at 4PM.   It has been a very quiet evening.   I have prepared some things for tomorrow, so that I can get a lot done then and am trying to let myself rest.   You know me it is hard not to keep "doing stuff."   I intend to crawl in bed at 8PM and read for a while.



Hope your week is going as well as mine.

Love

Mary

No comments: