Sunday, September 18, 2011

A rather misty Sunday but not too cold.   I actually wish there had been a little more rain.   I may have to do some watering tomorrow or the next day.

I went over to Rocky Knoll at 9AM so that I could spend a couple of hours with Dick before going to St. John the Baptist Church for the 1:00PM 150th Anniversary Mass.    Archbishop Listecki officiated with 7 priests assisting.       Before Mass there was a musical presentation prepared by all three of the parish choirs,  the adult choir, the folk choir and the children's choir.     It was truly beautiful.    The choirs are all SO good and we have such an array of talented instrumentalists that play in all of the choirs.

The procession was quite impressive too.   First the cross and the servers, then the Knights of Columbus, then the priests and finally the Archbishop.

He does a good sermon too.     Fr Van Beeck is still looking real frail from that spill he took earlier this year but he is in good spirits and got a lovely standing ovation after Mass when the Archbishop lauded him for the job he as done as our pastor the past years.

I went to the reception so that I could meet the Archbishop.  He is very personable and I told him that I had also celebrated Mass at Irishfest.  So we talked a bit.  

I hung out with several friends, surprise Surprise.   But I was home by 3:45PM and took a nice nap.   They had a lovely spread.   Cheese, sausage, crackers, grapes, cookies, cake, wine, beer, punch and coffee.   I had a plate of the snacks and a glass of punch.

I had put a pork roast and sauerkraut in the crock pot so I had a nice warm supper about 5:30PM.   Sure was good.   I will be eating sauerkraut for the next week I guess.

Tomorrow starts the week in earnest.   I am going to Writer's Club in the afternoon so will not get to Rocky Knoll until close to 3PM.   So I will have supper with Dick instead of lunch. 


So sleep tight and have a perfect week.

Mary

Here is a question for you.   Do you know the answer?   I will tell you tomorrow.


1. How
many steps does the guard take during his walk
across the tomb of the Unknowns
and
why?

No comments: