Thursday, September 22, 2011

Today was a lovely kind of Fall day.   We still have not had a freeze but the air was cool and crisp.   It rained a bit before morning but we ended up with sun after the clouds scattered.

I worked around the house until close to 10, then headed over to Rocky Knoll so that I would be there to go with Dick to his dentist appointment.    Tim from Comfort Care and Transport was there at 10:30 to take him over to Joseph and Joseph.    They got us in on time and Janelle was able to clean his teeth without moving him from his motorized chair.  Next time, he should be able to walk as he will be an expert on those prostheses.

We got back to Rocky Knoll just in time for lunch.  I just bought their lunch today.   Meatballs, sweet potato fries and strawberry schaum torte.  He had therapy this afternoon too.   He was very tired but he managed to get through both sessions.    As you can see from the previous post, he walked and posed for those pictures.   Doesn't he look great?

I came home at about 3 and have been washing and folding clothes and sorting all of his CPap equipment.   He had so many odd pieces that I am weeding out for him.   Then as I was finishing supper,  my friend Mary Steger called and asked if I would like to go out for a cup of coffee with her.   She had said that she would do that one day.   What a nice idea that was,   just an hour of gabbing at the Dairy Queen.   I see her most Sundays at the Mass at Rocky Knoll.

So home again,I called Dick to let him know that I was back in the house with everything locked up.   He is still watching out for me, you know.    I am a lucky lady.

God love you

Mary

No comments: