Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Home again after a very full day.   I left the house a bit early, 7:30AM for shopping, because 1.   I needed to be back before 9AM so that I could get my bread baked and 2.   I had decided to go to Mc Donald's for a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit for my breakfast.

Shopping went well.    I didn't need much but stocked up on diet coke and toilet paper which was on sale.  I did arrive home before 9 and started baking my bread.   It is the No Knead Bread and I am now making one with wheat flour too.    I love it because it is so chewy and crusty.  Someday when I can be home all day, I want to make a Guinness yeast bread that sounds SO good.  But I need to be here all day for that.

I went over to Rocky Knoll at 11AM so that I could be there for both of Dick's therapies again.   We tried a standing lift this morning to see if it would help speed his getting into the bathroom instead of having to use the bedpan.   It was not too successful, but we will try something else tomorrow.   He did walk twice during his afternoon PT and is looking very good.   He can even take one hand off of the bars to point to any uncomfortable areas and stay comfortably on his feet.   We were impressed.  Tomorrow I will take pictures and post them for all to see.

This evening I went to Mead for Karl Elder's Poetry Circle.  I picked up Kate and Sy.   Sy is so happy that I can do that because he had not been able to drive for quite some time and Nora cannot drive comfortably at night.   Karl has these meetings once a month during the "school year."    It was a bit of a smaller group,  Karl said that several of the regulars had emailed that they were unable to come but would be there next month.   There were about 8 of us.    I read a couple of my poems.   They were well received.

So - I am home.   A bit later than I remembered but before 9PM.   I called Dick as soon as I stepped in the door as I knew he would be worried.    I could assure him that I was safely here and that all the doors are secured.

I mentioned the pneumonia to Sy and he said that Dick should be smoking a better brand of cigar.

So with that I will leave you and go to my rest

God love you

Mary

No comments: