Monday, June 13, 2011

This has been a distressful but not unexpected day.   I am just going to send the same message that I sent to our children to all of you.  Please pray.   We are counting on that.

Love.  Mary

We had three appointments today.

The first went very well.   Dick's coagulation count is right where it should be 210.

The second was a bit less good.   He still has a fever.  Pneumonia signs are strong.   Dr. Sharon sent him for another blood test and we will see him again next Monday.

The third, this afternoon, was not good news at all.   Dr.  Moreno looked at the wound from the amputation and agreed with me that it does not look good.  Dr. Fehrman referred us to Dr. Moreno last Friday because of his continued concerns about circulation.    This morning when I changed the dressing, I noticed a change in color which alarmed me.

Dr. Moreno believes that there would be more sign of healing if it was going to happen.    We will be seeing Dr. Fehrman next Tuesday, when he returns and we have the pneumonia under control, to determine the next step.

In the mean time I change the dressing and swab it with Iodine Swabsticks every day to stave off infection.

Letting you all get a head start before I post the blog.

Pray for us.   I believe we all are aware of the implications.

God love you all as we do

Marymom

No comments: