Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It was a red letter day.    I actually got Dick to go outside for a walk after lunch.    It was SO beautiful outside today and I asked him if he was ready for some fresh air.    We walked around the end of our Tall Grass cul de sac.  It worked great.    He got in and out of the house and up and down the ramp just fine.

I had my annual physical today.   Dr. Murthy went through everything and asked me the right questions.    There is nothing to be done for my aches and pains except for exercise which he strongly suggests that I resume.    I have been trying but without my Chelsea to inspire me and with all the uncertainty, it is really hard to force myself out everyday.   Once I am out there, I love it but making the time will be a challenge.   I am in pretty good health otherwise.   We do have to see what the blood test shows.   I am sure it will be fine too.

It has been an uncomfortable day for Dick.   He did get a good nap this morning, but he is having SO much trouble getting up and down for transferring to bed and the bathroom.   We got his bandage changed and the prosthesis cleaned though.   Boy are we ever tired.

Tomorrow is the CWI Bloomsday event.   Bobbie has offered to spend the time I will be at 52 Stafford with her father.   I was trying to figure out who to ask because she and Bill are leaving for vacation the next day,   I am SO glad that she offered because he feels the best with her.

So until tomorrow, when I can tell you about Bloomsday Eve.  Rest,  I sure intend to.

God love you

Mary

No comments: