Friday, June 17, 2011

Hello.    This has been a pretty good day.  We had an absolutely lovely night.   I tucked Dick in at about 7:30PM, finished up my chores and got to bed by 9PM.   He finally woke up at 1:30AM.  The longest stretch we have had in ages.   For a couple of hours he was restless but at about 3AM he finally settled and we did not get up until 6AM so it was like a miracle of sleep.

I was home all day.   That is an event in itself.   Jody came and cleaned this morning.   Dick took a nap this morning.   I got him to eat two small but nourishing meals and changed the bandage on the incision.

I called Dr. Moreno to just reassure myself as it looks quite bad, but the symptoms I described were what Dr. Moreno expected and he told me that I am doing right by cleaning with saline and dousing with iodine.   I feel so helpless.

I have also set in motion the help that I need to ask for and arrange from the Visiting Nurses.   This will take time but I hope to be able to bring Dick home MUCH earlier if, as we truly believe, he has the amputation.   If he does, I know it will be within a week of his appointment with Dr. Fehrman because of the state of the healing of the foot.

Barb called this afternoon to see how things are going.  She was with her mother, Marlise, so I talked with her too.  It is so nice to hear voices of those who love us.

That was the day.   Hope yours was as uneventful.   The big events were talking to those who love us and resting.

God love you

Mary

No comments: