Sunday, May 15, 2011

I liked this Sunday too.    Isn't it nice to have two days in a row that are cool.

Did I tell you that my God Daughter, Erin Deeley has graduated from UW. Madison with a major in Law.   She is a beautiful young woman, so very intelligent and fun.   What more could a person ask in a god daughter.   She told me once, when she was very young, that we have a very special relationship because I am her godmother.   I was privileged that she asked me to also be her Confirmation sponsor .   Yea  for Erin!!!!!!

This morning we were able to change Dick's bandages AND get him bathed so I feel better about things.   It bothers me if we are waiting until afternoon or evening to do things because I am so tired by then.   So he is all spit and polished and it is a good thing.

This afternoon, I left at about 12:30 to to to Joan Kramer's home for our first annual Irish Literary Exchange.   It was fabulous.   There were nine of us there.  We started with a meeting to firm up our regular meetings for the rest of the year.   I am so pleased with the results.   I will put them on the other blog http://www.celticwisdom.blogspot.com/ which is the Celtic Women Sheboygan Branch blog tonight.

Then we all shared favorite books and authors that we are enthralled with.   At this point we are sticking to Irish history, fiction and/ or authors.   We decided to have another Literary Exchange in November and have determined to be a book club.  This year we are suggesting that everybody read Morgan Llewelyn's books starting with 1916.   I have all of them.   So if any of you want to join us, let me know.   I am going to reread them as it has been a long time. and I need to refresh my memory of the characters.

Joan had a lovely spread for us.   Tea, tea sandwiches, scones and pastries.   Num Num.

She is the most perfect hostess EVER.

So I got home about 5PM and am winding down for now.   Tomorrow will be a busy day what with Bible Study, Mom and Writer's club.  But then I will be home until 11AM on Tuesday morning.   That will be an exciting day as I will be meeting cousins on the Ziegler side that I have never met before.  I hope to fill in holes on that part of my Ancestry .

So the weekend is all over and another week is beginning.   It does not mean quite as much to a non worker but is still important.   Hope yours is good.

God love you

Mary

No comments: