Monday, May 16, 2011

What a busy Monday.

Started off with a visit to Advanced Eye Care because I lost one of those little plastic thingies that protect a person's nose from the weight of the glasses.   They got me fixed in no time at all.  I would recommend Advanced Eye Care to anyone  They care and they are really good.


Onward to the Bible Study at Blessed Trinity.  We were nine strong and really had a lot to say about the Psalm 121.    One of our participants received a necklace over the weekend that told her to DO MORE,   She found that very frustrating.  I can relate to that.  Sometimes people, outside of you, have the nerve to say to you.   Why don't you just do THIS?   They have no idea of the unease that you have had with the decisions that you have made or with the actions that you have taken with the situations discussed.   It is so easy to second guess and sometimes one just doesn't want or feel that they are able to do  just "one more thing."   This is where we rely on God to pick up the pieces.   Perhaps we need to depend on him sooner than when all seems lost.

I fixed Sloppy Joe's for our lunch and then zipped off to the Cream City Writers meeting where we had a nice group.   We had decided last month to try to write Psalm's .  I did one.   It was good to have Bev, our president there.  Her husband had a severe stroke, but will be home, with help, on Wednesday.  Please pray for Bob and Bev.

Here is my Psalm.   I hope you like it.

REBIRTH


Lord,, in my weariness
In your own good time,
You send me spring.

Though I contend with daily trials
Though I tire as life becomes difficult
Though I grow old
Though I miss friends that have gone ahead.

New life appears
And I realize that it is not my place to question
But to be confidant that I am perfect in your eyes
And that what I do in your name
Is all that is expected of me.

Home again.   We got Dick's dressiings changed and I got a nap.   Both very improtant to our health.
I am now watching Dancing with the Stars and finishing up the day.   Roxie likes this time of day and so do I.

I called my cousin Colleen tonight. I had not been as much in touch as I should have been.  She needed to know that Mother was home again and doing well.   She has a lot on her plate too so pray for her too.

So here we are.  Monday over.  I hope you are all doing well and are ready to face the rest of the week.
God love you

Mary


C

No comments: