Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The sun was out all day but it was still too cold for this lady to be out with short sleeves.  The trees are starting to burst their leaves and make some shelter for the birds who are singing gloriously.

We got Dick's hair washed and changed all his bandages changed fairly early this morning.

Then I left for the Villager to have lunch with the Ziegler cousins.   There were 23 people at this "little"  luncheon.   Lots I did not know but was glad to see the Schmitt's, Ray and Mel and Jerome Ziegler, Harold's brother who I had not seen since a funeral many years ago and Judy Ziegler Stratton who was at St. Mary's in Milwaukee, the same time that I was.   Judy and I are the same age.   She was a student at St. Mary's Academy and I was an Aspirant at the School Sisters of St. Francis and also a student at St. Mary's.   I left the convent and the school in the middle of my junior year and she finished at St. Mary's and joined the order - actually professing and was a nun for 12 years.    Interesting family we have. 

I got home about 3PM after stopping to drop some things off at Mother's and to update her on the luncheon. I will share more with her after I assimilate it.

This evening, I went over to Greg and Kathy Ziegler's home, where Judy, who is also Greg's sister, is staying while she is in town.  She and I shared some of the genealogy information we have gathered.  She gave me lots of copies of pictures and articles and I gave her several Personal Profiles and will be sending pictures of Grandma Deeley and the entire Deeley information which she does not have.    We are such a big family and Lucy Cardarele is absolutely right.   You can't talk about anybody in this county, we are all related.

So I am home again,  sharing a glass of wine with Dick and trying to convince Roxie that even if it is getting late, it really is OK once in a while.    We don't necessarily HAVE to keep a schedule.

Tomorrow is shopping day and I will be going to the poetry circle at Mead in the evening.

Dick is making noises that he is going to "Suggest" that I slow down again.    I don't know what happens.

God love you

Mary

No comments: