Thursday, May 19, 2011

What good is the sun if it does not pour heat into the bones.   That is what today was.   The temperatures were in the mid 60s but I felt cool in my core all day.

This morning I was busy cleaning the kitchen counters and bleaching the sinks.   We had a pasta dish that I got from SHARE for our dinner.  It was quite good.

Bobbie got here at about 12:30PM to help get Dick to his haircut at the Plymouth Care Center.   Julie was glad to see him and Laurie from the Therapy department came to visit with him too.   He no longer looks like Santa Clause.  His beard, now totally white was curling beautifully and made him a very Santa Clause figure.

I had a lovely nap this afternoon.  We did not turn on the TV until after 4PM and that was a pleasure to me.   Quiet is nice.  But I know that Dick likes the background noise in his life and really did love the silence.

We had grilled cheese for our supper and now I am trying to be sure that I am ready for tomorrow and am caught up on mail and CWI and all the other things that I have committed to.   It will all work out as things DO seem to get done if I take them one step at a time.

So I hope you had a good day too.   The weekend is coming up and it should be a fun one.  I am going to see Kate perform at 7:30pm at the Plymouth Art Center in their Spring Concert.   Should be fun.

So Bless you all and pray for warmth and spring.

Mary

No comments: