Saturday, May 07, 2011

Happy Birthday to Dick.

What a lovely day it was.  The temps were in the low 60s, the sun was shining and there was just a gently breeze.

I spent the morning baking scones and taking care of Dick]s wounds and his bath.  As it is his birthday, Richard and Brenda came from Madison and Bobbie and Bill came over too. 

Everybody arrived between 4 and 3:30PM, just about the time I left for Mass.  I went tonight so that tomorrow I could be here the whole morning and Richard and Brenda don't have to rush.    They will be leaving late morning to go to see Brenda's Mom for Mother's Day but it is good that we don't have to be getting up at 7:30 or earlier unless we want to.

Leslie and Bill called today to wish Happy Birthday and Mother's Day.   We had a nice long visit.   I don't know if you know, but Sara and Vince are in London on their honeymoon which they planned for now so that they could really enjoy it.    Nora and Ernie were in Hawaii on vacation and met with one of his sisters.   Quite the travelers.    And Nora has been offered a prestigious job in the Air Force that she will probable not take but it is still a great honor.    Proud of both of my girls.

Bart and Barb sent beautiful pick roses for me for Mother's Day.   That was a pleasure.  I put them on the dining room table so everybody can see them when they come in.    I hope that our goofy Roxie doesn't decide that the bouquet is dessert.   She LOVES the bamboo plant that I have.

So.  Dick has gone to bed.  Bobbie and Bill headed home and will be back for breakfast tomorrow.  Richard, Brenda, Roxie and I are still up and computering.   It is a bit early to go to bed, even for me.



I will share a haiku that I wrote when I was in Ireland

MAGIC CITY


Cloudy Dublin day
Cannot dim the city's joy
We drink it all in



 Mary

No comments: