Tuesday, May 03, 2011

What a day.  It was cold and dreary and very chilly.   And this is May.  

I spent the day trying to get the house in order.   There are still papers and books and just plain STUFF scattered all over the place, but I did make a lot of headway.

Today is Bart and Barb's anniversary.    We called them tonight to congratulate them.   They are home with their grandchildren.  I got to talk to my granddaughter Abbie, who I have never really met but  love anyway.  Both Adria and Abbie are beautiful children and I am proud to be their great grandmother.

We called Jim and Michelle tonight too.  They are working, well and getting along OK.  Their Chip, the dog, is healing from his ringworm so all is well.
 

Bart said that they have to have a kitten they found as a stray put away as she or he is not improving and is weak and pitiful.  It is kind to help them pass on if there is no hope.  They certainly do not know that pain can sometimes lead to healing OR not.

Tomorrow will be a very busy day.   A doctor appointment, grocery shopping, a quilt club gathering and a haircut.   So.  I am going to bed VERY early tonight.

This morning, I fed the kitty at 6AM and slipped back into bed and did not wake up until 7:15.   I could have gone back to sleep again but I needed to put the trash out.  They usually come in the afternoon, but sure as sunshine, they would be here in the morning if I counted on that.

God love you

Mary

No comments: