Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What a nice day.   The snow had stopped by morning.    Our roads were not plowed but I was not in any hurry anyway and there were only two or three inches. 

I started off the morning by boiling the liver for the liverwurst that I made today.  Last night, I ground the pork, so I was one step ahead.   Then I got everything mixed up really good and tried to stuff it into the stuff that I had gotten for the sausage.  I immediately discovered that what I got was too small.   So I decided to look for some bigger casings when I went to see Mother today.   I wanted to stop at Fleet Farm to stock up on nuts and raisins anyway.  So, I finally started to stuff the sausages this afternoon.  But the casings I got to replace the small ones did not work either.  Shuckins!   I went on the net again and found that I could wrap them in muslin and boil and simmer the sausage for the same result.   So that is what I did.    I am done with the cooking now, and in the morning will unwrap them, divide and wrap them and freeze what I figure will not be eaten in 10 days.

With all that work, it better be damned good.

Dick decided to take a nap this morning, so I decided that was a good time to go visit with Mother.    We had a lovely visit.   I got a few things taken care of in the house, updated her on the savings and checking accounts, and sorted out her medications.   Then I shared some things from the Bridget trip with her.    When we were in Kildare, we all had a candle lit  from the eternal flame at Solas Brede.   I brought that candle and a candle for Mother.  We re lit my candle and used it to light her candle.   Now she has a wick lit from the eternal candle of Bridget which is to stand for peace and justice in this world.  Mother and I prayed for this and put the candle up next to the St. Patrick Statue.   I also gave her water from a holy well in Ireland and a stone from the grounds around the well.   It was very special.

As I was leaving, Mom's neighbor was working on the driveway and had worked a bit on her ramp, so I thanked him and we had a nice visit.   What wonderful neighbors she has.  

So this is the day.   Quite busy.  We had pork tenderloin and rice for our dinner.

Tomorrow will be a busy day for Dick as he goes to see Dr. Sharon to see if he can help us get an electric chair for Dick.   Hope all goes well.


All my love   Be Happy

Mary

P. S. Please pray for a little guy named Liam who has cancer and will not be able to go into as special program unless his white count goes up.

Also for a neighbor who has breast cancer,  the very worst kind.

No comments: