Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday almost come and gone.    Nancy and I went out pistol shooting for league a bit before 5PM.   We did better than last week for sure.    My first two were a big improvement but the third was not good.   My arm is still sore and I have to learn to rest longer between.    "Remember, Mary,   It isn't a race." 

Somehow or other Nancy got behind while I was gone and has to squeeze in an extra session before next Friday.   So we are going out some afternoon so that she can get caught up.

Jody came and cleaned this morning.   I cooked salmon croquettes for lunch with fried potatoes and creamed green beans.     Roxie was absolutely delighted with the drained water from the can of salmon.

I did a couple of loads of wash today including the sheets.   Jody helps me make the bed if I plan it right.   That was something that Dick and I always did together before.   It is much easier with two.

I had to make a quick trip to the bank but otherwise was home until I went to pick up Nancy.    I have figured out how to get my pictures uploaded to a Google Spot that Maureen set up for our Ireland pictures and documents.   I still have some of the intricacies to work out but the main part of the learning is done.

I also framed the posters that I got at the Navan Centre  so they are ready to go to the event on Sunday.   I also am soaking the raisins for the barm brack.   Barm Brack is So good.   I will put the recipe in here for you.


BARM BRACK

1 lb (2 cups) Sultanas (or try Craisins)
1 lb (2 cups) Raisins (Golden or brown)
3 cups strong milkless black tea
1 lb (2 cups) brown sugar
1 pound flour
3 eggs
3 level teaspoons baking powder
3 teaspoons mixes spices (optional)

Soak the fruit and the sugar in the tea overnight.
The next day, mix alternately the flour and the 3 beaten eggs
Finall add 3 level teaspoons of baking powder and the soaked fruit – tea and all. If you choose the spices,mix them in now. Then turn into 2 greased loaf pans and bake for 1 ½ hours in a 300 degree oven.

If desired you can brush the cool loaves with melted honey for a glaze.


Enjoy
God love you

Mary


No comments: