Thursday, February 24, 2011

Things went very well today.  Yvonne from the VNA came to change the tuba grip and check Dick's leg for the last time.   He is all healed and I am home.   Megan will be here one more time, next week, to do the anti coagulation check.  If it is normal, he will not have to go in to the clinic until April and then the weather will be much milder and it will be easier on him.

We had pork and rice and fruit salad for lunch.   I picked up strawberries and watermelon at the store on Wednesday and made a nice big fruit salad and Dick is really chowing down.   The fruit was good so I will try again next week.

This afternoon, I went into Sheboygan,  I stopped at Hobby Lobby and picked up two poster frames for the posters that I got at the Navan Centre in Ireland.  I want to frame them to take with me on Sunday to our CWI presentation.   We want it very exciting for the friends who were unable to come and will share the Brigid flame and the holy well water with everybody along with our pictures and memories.

After I left Hobby Lobby I drove to my friend Mark Miller's office to drop off the taxes.   They should be much simpler this year but we are still in a state of flux and this is the first year that I have had to take money from my IRA so things are different and I will just feel better if he does them again.   I am thinking that if things are settled down, perhaps I will be able to do them myself next year.   We will see.

On the way home, I stopped off at Mother's to drop off her Vit Eyes.   She was feeling tired but SO good.  Dolores and Eileen were there today and got the decorations that had been put away at Christmas back where they belong, all the remaining Christmas things stowed away and St. Patrick's day scattered throughout the house.   She is a happy lady and so are we.

So. Now it is the end of another full day.  We had pizza for supper.   It just plain sounded good.   So.   I hope your day was as fulfilling as mine and that you are happy.

Godl love you

Mary

No comments: