Monday, February 21, 2011

Good Day.    And was it for you?    

By the time I got up, the plows had been through and our sidewalks were shoveled.   I had canceled the Bible Study and Cream City Writers meetings last night and am not sorry as I am sure that the roads were slippery and we did not need anybody sliding off the road getting to and fro from either meeting.  

So I stayed home today.   I baked some bread, did some wash, caught up on some email, Facebook and snail mail and generally just hung out.

I got out some pork and liver too.   I ground up the pork and am soaking the liver in milk.   Tomorrow, I am going to attempt to make some homemade liverwurst.    It sounds mighty good and Jeff gave me two pounds of beef liver.    I also have venison liver which I will cook up one day when Bobbie and Bill and Shane and Georgina can come over to join us.  


I thought you all might enjoy the following poem:

Lyrics to Saint Brigid's Prayer



I'd like to give a lake of beer to God.

I'd love the Heavenly

Host to be tippling there

For all eternity.



I'd love the men of Heaven to live with me,

To dance and sing.

If they wanted, I'd put at their disposal

Vats of suffering.



White cups of love I''d give them,

With a heart and a half;

Sweet pitchers of mercy I'd offer

To every man.



I'd make Heaven a cheerful spot,

Because the happy heart is true.

I'd make the men contented for their own sake

'd like Jesus to love me too.



I'd like the people of heaven to gather

From all the parishes around,

I'd give a special welcome to the women,

The three Marys of great renown.



I'd sit with the men, the women of God

There by the lake of beer

We'd be drinking good health forever

And every drop would be a prayer.

No comments: