Sunday, January 16, 2011

If New England wins the game tonight, I will be a vey happy camper.   It is not looking too good.    At this point, I have the highest score in the Fantasy Football league.  If they lose, I should still be in the top 6 but am not sure of my number one place.  The Chicago/Seattle game was exciting and the Packers will be playing the Bears next Sunday.

I had a rather quiet morning.  A couple of loads of wash and some computer cleaning.    I deleted a ton of trash messages that I should have dumped some time ago.

Then at about noon, I drove out to the Weirl Wind, a bar on Hwy 67 to join the rabbit hunters for the annual sausage tasting event.    All the hunters bring their various venison sausages, we slice them, put them on plates so that noone knows what came from where and then all the patrons and hunters who want to taste and rate the sausage for their favorite.   The last taster is the dog that hunted with the rabbit hunters.    He is sweet Digger who belongs to Dennis and Sara Behr.   They had another sweet hunter last year but he died this winter.  His name was Copper and he was a very good dog and a good hunter.

The hunters went out from about 8:30AM to 11:00AM and did not see a single rabbit.   I am sure glad that I decided that I was not going.   It was single digits when they started.   They said that the snow, however, was what probably kept the rabbits in their lairs.    They were much smarter than the humans.

We really have quite a bit for the wild game dinner.   We have venison, pheasant, turkey, squirrel and rabbit.   Should be another feast.   We will be celebrating Mom's birthday too but not all with her.   Short visits from the visitors and the rest of us will celebrate on our usual visit days.

So.  I really don't know what sausage came out the favorite at the Weirl Wind.   I brought a stick of the sausage that we had made from the deer that Jeff's friend got and was shared with Jeff, Randy, Shane and me.  Actually it was very hard this year as all of them were pretty good.  

We watched the Chicago Seattle game while the tasting was going on.   We met a couple of cousins of Fr. Mike Shea.   They may or may not be cousins of ours,   I think not, I think not but I will check on it.   Mike goes to see his Grandmother Anna Marie when he is home too as well as our mother.

BREAK FOR DINNER AND A BATH.

Well, Dick got his bath a few minutes ago and while we were doing that the Patriots/Jets game ended and dang it shuckins, the Jets won.    By tomorrow, I will know what it did to my standings and will be able to do my picks for next Sunday.    

Tomorrow will be very busy.    Bible Study, a visit with Mother, Cream City Writers and then a telephone conference in the evening.

The rest of the week should be quiet.

No comments: