Tuesday, January 18, 2011

No snow today.    Good thing as there was quite enough yesterday and last night.    Our wonderful crew at Tall Grass had our roads and driveways and sidewalks all cleared early.   I was able to get the trash out by 9AM.  Good thing because the collectors were here before noon today, something that I did not expect.

I was able to stay home most of the day.  I did have to pick up two prescriptions for me and some gauze pads for cleaning and protecting Dick's wounds on his leg.  I also went to Fleet to look for good old fashioned shoe rubbers or overshoes.   I can't find them any where.  That is what I would really like to take to Ireland with me.

We had pork chops and rice for lunch and soup and sandwich for supper.

Today, Regis Philbin announced that he is retiring from Regis and Kelly  at the end of the summer.    I was remembering that the first time I saw Regis was sometime between 1970 and 1983 when they appeared on an early morning show similar to the Regis and Kelly show.   She was still married to Steve Garvey at the time and they were referred to as the Ken and Barbie of the sports world.   She was indeed a beautiful blond and he was a gorgeous dark haired athelete.

I remember one show that Tom Sullivan, a blind actor, appeared on.   Apparently he was in Cyndy's dressing room as she got ready.   She mentioned that she felt quite comfortable getting ready with him in the room.   He got this smile on his face and said.   "The sounds were driving me crazy."   She was so embarrassed.

 Today when I was lying down for a nap, I remembered an incident from Bret's kindergarten days.   He had a wonderful teacher, Miss Gamel.   She was having a bit of a problem one day.   The kids were saying naughty words and would not settle down.   She made an announcement that the next child who said a naughty word would have to go to see the principal.   Well, Bret whispered. "Poopy, Poopy, Poopy."  just loud enough to be heard.  So she sent him to the office.   He got hysterical.     Some people in the office said that she should not have done that but I told her she had to maintain her credibility with those kids and it was not that he was hurt.   She told me that poopy was not one of the words she was concerned with but Bret obviously thought so.  So he was defying her.   I thought it was really rather funny.

Have a lovely Wednesday.   The VNA is coming over to evaluate Dick for seeing him while I am gone and I am going to visit Mother tomorrow.   A busy busy day.

God love you
Mary

No comments: