Friday, January 21, 2011

I was lazing in bet this morning, it got to be a bit after 7AM when I remembered that Jody was coming to clean at 8AM so I had to jump up and get dressed and ready right away.   Dick was still sleeping too.  But we were both up and at 'em when she got here.

Poor Jody, her car broke down on the way here this morning in this awful cold.   Thank God for cell phones, she was able to get a friend to pick her up and drop her off here and her fiance was going to get the car going.   She had us to clean and then our neighbor's Tom and Linda so she was set here until noon.

Then I washed a load of wash and did a few things around here.   I left for the bank and Walgreens for some errands.   I had lunch with the gals at Dairy Queen.    We had a really nice visit.    I won't see Ceil and Betty for a month because I will be gone two Fridays and then they are leaving for a trip to Panama which will make them gone for two Fridays.    We are quite the world travelers.

When I got home, I ordered the euros for the Ireland trip.   They will be delivered to Wells Fargo on Tuesday.   I felt safer having them delivered there because I am sure someone has to be there to sign for them and there is always the remote possibility that I would be out just when the delivery is made.

We had minestrone soup for our supper.   I took mine to Rhine with me as I had to leave a bit before five and was not quite ready to eat.   I did not really expect very many people tonight.   It really surprised me that there were six squads out in this bitter cold.    When I came home, it was 0 degrees and probably will dip below zero again tonight.   It was -9 when I got up to feed the cat this morning.  A lot of us pistol shooters were there.   We have 22 in the pistol league this winter.

I was not too bad but did get a bit shaky and have to be steadier and remember to SQUEEEEEZE the trigger.

Home again.   I am finally warm again and ready to go to bed.  Roxie is telling me that it is time.

God love you

Mary

No comments: