Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A day between the snow and the cold.

I went shopping this morning.   That went quite well and I picked up donuts for our breakfast.   I have been hungry for donuts so picked some up for our breakfast.   

The representative from the Visiting Nurses Association came to evaluate this morning at about 11:00Am.   She spent a couple of hours with us reviewing Dick's history and examining his legs and we believe that we will have help for up to a month, including the time that I am in Ireland.   I am hoping that they will have advice on easier ways to help Dick get his cleaning and also help him organize and get his physical therapy on track.  I am very happy with what has been proposed to us and feel that Dick will have a good support while I am gone.

After Megan left, we had lunch,   Dick had requested  cannibal sandwiches on half rye.   I assume that all of you know that cannibal sandwiches are raw beef and onions.  He was a happy camper.

Then I drove to Meadow View to visit with Mother.   She is doing very well.  I got there during her physical therapy and the therapist said that she is amazed at how well mother is doing.

So here we are at the end of a very busy day.   Tomorrow will be somewhat quieter though Megan is coming back and Dick has his hair cut appointment for 11:30AM.

Hope we don't have to cancel that.
 God love you all

Mary   

No comments: