Sunday, December 12, 2010

A whole day at home.    It was a blizzard, they say.   The condo plowers were here before I woke up.  The snow was mild the rest of the day, at least in Tallgrass, but cold is heading for us fast and furious.

I finished the tree.   It is lovely.   I have decided not to put EVERYTHING on this year as the tree is so very full anyway.  All of the Nativity sets are in place too.

The Packers lost.   Sob! Sob!.   The only good thing is that everybody in my football pool had picked them to win.   Aaron Rogers got hurt.   This may or may not have made the difference.   Oh Well.

I forgot to tell you a story about Rosemary.   As it just happened yesterday it is really appropriate.

Her daughter, in the eulogy, mentioned that whenever a child or grandchild said anything funny or unique, it ended up on the refrigerator or in a poem.

As I was talking to Steve, one of the sons, just before I left this happened.    I had been running around the church trying to find Warren, Rosemary;s husband, and my cousin.   I did find him and was able to tell him that I was praying, Mother was praying and that I had been talking to Rosemary since I heard that she was terminal.

So Steve asked me if I had found his Dad before they put him into the "envelope".  He obviously meant the "elevator.".  This sent us into peels of laughter which I am sure delighted Rosemary.   I told Steve that surely that misspeak would have ended up on the fridge.

So.   Remember to enjoy the fun things that come to us even in the times that seem sad.  

Love, life and fun go on forever.

God love you

Mary

No comments: