Saturday, December 18, 2010

Today was SHARE day.   I picked up my order and put in the order for January.

This month we got Chicken Thighs, Imitation Crab, Meat Balls, A frozen Chicken dinner and Pork Chops plus cabbage, potatoes, apples, grapefruit and tangerines.   This is all for $17.00 including shipping.   Not bad.  I hope that if we ever move this program is available.   My friend Bob's Dad, Jim Fleming, ran the Share in Sheboygan Falls.   He always said that it is a program for the needy and the greedy.   All that is required is that you show up but they ask that you do good to your neighbor, either one on one or by volunteering for more public things..

 I mixed up the dough for Mom's Christmas Stolen.   I will be baking it tomorrow.   As I was finishing my nap, I got a call from my niece, Jessie.  She and her sister Becky and Sara, Jeff's daughter had baked a double batch of stolen and wondered if I wanted any.   As I will end up with three and share that, I declined.   Too bad, but I must not gather more than we can use.

I did some reading, some Christmas Cards and some other Christmas chores.   I am going to fill and hang the stockings tonight.  That will be a nice surprise for Dick.

I went to Mass at 4PM.  I was Eucharistic Minister, which is always an honor for me.   The adult choir sang tonight so Kate and her sister were singing as well as my friend Ceil.  Fr. Van Beck gave a lovely sermon about family and the importance of knowing how to wait and to be ready for the special guest that will be arriving on December 25th.   He used the story of the white apron to illustrate.   I had not thought how out of fashion the "apron" has become.   Probably many children are not even familiar with the concept.    I use them, but in this day of disposable clothing along with everything else, people don't work as hard to preserve their clothes from dirt and wear.  The white apron refers to the fancy apron that women would wear when company came that made them look like they never had to work hard at all.

God love you

Mary

No comments: