Friday, December 17, 2010

We are in a strange weather cycle.  Not warm enough to completely clear the roads but not cold enough to leave them frozen and impassable either.  

Jody came to clean today and will be here next Friday so I won't have to worry about the vacuuming and the floors with the holiday being celebrated here the next day.   Then I can concentrate on the meal.

I had lunch with my bank friends at the Dairy Queen.   Did I tell you that they reserve a table for us on Fridays?   We will not be meeting until next year now.   The Fridays are just too close to the actual holiday and we don't want to bother.

I had several errands to do before coming home but was here by 2:30PM.  We had leftover lasagna for our supper and now are trying to get the new desk lamps that Dick ordered assembled and on our desks.   The lamps we have are really not very efficient.    Perhaps someone at St. Vinnie's will find them useful.

At lunch today we ladies were talking about children and how amusing and/or embarrassing they can be.I remember two incidents that you might find amusing.  

My brother, Matt, was rather short and kind of slight as a kid starting kindergarten.   He came home the first day with his stories and told us that there as a boy in his class who reached from "all the way up here" (and he reached way above his head) "all the way to the floor." 

Then for embarrassing.   My ex and I and Bret were on the way to a camping trip.   We stopped at a restaurant and I had to take Bret, about three years old, into the rest room.    I let him go in alone, as I thought he was capable.   He did his business and then called me to help him in very graphic language.  When I told him the door was locked, he said  "OH. Shit!!"   I think he was listening much to close to his Dad and friends.   He spewed out damns and shits and hells like they were nothing.  There was a lady in the bathroom with us and she started laughing so hard that she had to leave.   I am sure the expression on my face spoke volumes.   He never did that again.   I think he was trying to be "one of the guys".

Have a great weekend.  

God love you

Mary

No comments: