Monday, December 13, 2010

This was a really quiet Monday.   Because of the sub zero wind chills we decided to not have Bible Study.   The roads were also treacherous so it seemed silly for anyone to take chances on getting into trouble out there.  School openings were delayed for two hours so we decided to stay in our warm cozy homes until later in the day - AT LEAST.

I spent the morning then, mixing up another batch of dough for the pasties as I realized that Kate and I had gathered twice as
much meat as we needed and figured we might as well at least have somewhat enough dough.

I also started my Christmas Cards and studied a bit on the Bridget trip.

After a light lunch, I gathered up the pasty ingredients and went over to Kate's house.   We got to work,  Kate and Patty and me.   Kate and I cut and mixed and rolled out and cooked.   Patty did the chopping of a lot of the veggies for us.   This batch has venison, pork, potatoes, carrots, onion, cabbage and rutabaga in it.  We baked most of them for 30 minutes and froze them for future use.  BUT we kept 5 out for the five of us to have a meal tonight and BOY are they good.   I intend to have the pasties and mushroom pie for our main dishes at Christmas.   The pasties will not disappoint.  I'll bet you can hardly wait.  Richard and Brenda, we will also have a mushroom pie that is to DIE for.   If anyone else wants to join us please let me know so I have enough dessert.

You are all welcome.

Tomorrow will be just as uneventful.   I will be going to see Mother sometime in the morning.   As I didn't get there today we have a few bills to take care of and I want to take a Pasty to her.

Only 12 days until Christmas.

I have all of my nativities up now.   They all are special.

The tree is festive and full of memories

God love you

Mary

No comments: