Saturday, December 25, 2010

What a lovely Christmas.   I slept until about 7AM.   Which was a good thing as I knew I would not get my nap today.

Dick and I just snacked for breakfast and lunch as we knew the spread we were putting on for our Christmas repast.  

He and I exchanged our gifts just before lunch.   We also opened the gifts from out of state.    Bart and Barb got us a multi media reader.   How exciting.   I can hardly wait to see what is available to download and read.    Bret sent a beautiful candle centerpiece which I immediately put on the table so that we could enjoy it at our dinner.   That explained all the votive candles that were NOT wrapped.  

We feasted on pasties and mushroom pie, acorn squash and green bean casserole with a Ceaser salad.   Then we had coconut cake for dessert.   

Richard and Brenda brought a bottle of Dom Perignon champagne.   WOW!   We toasted with that before we ate and after we opened all of our presents.   Dick and Brenda are upgraded my computer this year.   I don't know what we would do without their help on the computers.   We wouldn't know when or how to upgrade and often need help with problems.   I can usually fix things once I have had a similar problem and am learning more and more things to check as time goes on.

So the day is about done.   Bart called so we got to talk to him and Jim and Michelle who spent last night and today with them.   I am glad they are close enough to be together for holidays.

Jeff called today too.  I gave him Mom's room number and phone number.    Shane and Georgina are coming to see her tomorrow.   I am just waiting until Monday which is my usual day to visit her.  I will be able to go a bit earlier than usual too because we are not having Bible Study until the 3rd of January.

There is probably more news but I am just tired and content and am going to sign off now.


God love you and Merry Christmas
Mary

No comments: