Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Well, this has been quite a day.   Started out a bit goofy.   Dick had to change his lab test to tomorrow because he forgot that he was supposed to fast.

So I dropped Kate's Tupperware, some buckeyes for Ron and a recipe at her house on my way grocery shopping.    That went well.   I have everything that I need for Christmas now.  

Dick and I ate leftovers for our lunch.  I want a fairly empty fridge for Christmas Day.

I got a call this afternoon from Randy.   Mother had a fainting spell today and this time she hurt her left arm.   Apparently she dislocated it.   Donna was with Randy and Eileen came over too,.   I decided to stay home unless they needed me. 

She will, of course, have to be at a care center until her arm heals and she is out of the sling and can use her walker.  Wouldn't you think she should have stayed in the hospital overnight?  But no.   She has to go to a center right away.   Fortunately, there is room at Pine Haven in Falls.   She was not resisting the fact that she will need to be somewhere to heal and I am glad that she can go to Pine Haven which is a really good center and has several people she knows there.

I am expecting. Donna or Randy to call if they need me to get anything for her tomorrow.   After Dick's appointment, I can spend the afternoon helping her get settled or picking out and bringing things she needs.

Please pray for her and her comfort.    We are worried.

God love you all

Mary

No comments: