Friday, December 24, 2010

Well, I slept quite will last night.   I felt good about leaving Mother visiting with a friend.

I spent most of the day preparing the dishes for tomorrow so that all I will have to do is to pop things in the oven and load plates when it is time to eat.

I am excited about tomorrow.  Christmas is always a special time.  Bart called this afternoon and we will talk again tomorrow.   Jim and Michelle are going to go to Lawton tonight so will be there for Christmas eve and Christmas.


I checked in with family and friends to update and coordinate on Mother.   We want there  to be visited but not overwhelmed.   I will go on Monday as I always do.   Randy said that when they brought her clothes and supplies, she had just finished therapy and was a tired lady.   She will have lots of visitors over the Christmas weekend.  Perhaps too much but she will know how much people love her.

Mass was particularly lovely tonight.  The folk choir sang the Alleluia Chorus for us and it was truly beautiful.
I forgot the name of the priest who officiated, he has been her before, and he makes the faith a very joyful experience, especially at Christmas.

 We are going to open our presents to each other and the presents from Bart and Barb and Bret tonight, if Dick every gets organized.   You all know how speedy he is.

So I am signing off for the night.   A Blessed Christmas Eve to you.   Remember the reason for this special time of year and love each other which is all that is asked of us.    Love the Lord your God with your whole heart and soul and your neighbor as yourself for the love of God.     Pretty easy actually.

Mary.

No comments: