Saturday, December 04, 2010

Today was a stellar day.   The snow missed us completely.   According to the forecasts, we should have gotten 2 to 5 inches.  The storm headed east and south and we were saved.

I spent the morning baking Irish Brown Bread and cleaning up things.   The bread turned out perfect.   So perfect that it was all eaten at the Christmas Tea.

We had pancakes and sausage for our breakfast.   I have found a recipe that we like that uses yogurt and it is the only pancakes I make anymore.   We always have enough for two or three meals.   You do know that if you wrap them well, they can be put in the toaster and reheated for future meals.   I miss giving a pancake to my little Chelsea.   We always used to tell her that she got that pancake because of Zero.   We have sure been blessed  with our sweet puppies.   I am not quite ready but hope that I can have another doggie one day.

I took a short nap before 11AM.  Didn't sleep too well but did get rested.  I went to the Plymouth History Museum at about noon to get things set up for the Christmas Tea.   Beth from the Sheboygan County Historical Research Center was already there and we got things set up for the goodies, the registration and the raffle table.

People actually started coming before 1Pm so it was good that we were there.   Our music this year was Theiss and O'Connor a trio - one Theiss and two O'Connors.  They are a very popular group and really wowed out crowd.  They obviously love what they do and love working with a crowd that also loves what they do.  I would say it was VERY successful.   We also got two new member to join Celtic Women.  

Rosemary, Gail and Sheila and her husband came from the Milwaukee area to join our celebration.

 So wonderful treats, wonderful companionship, a dynamic place to meet - the Museum is a special place and was decorated so beautifully for Christmas, wonderful music AND the best company in the world.    I also got to see the new memorial library that has been established upstairs in the museum.   It is truly impressive.   I am always delighted at the wonderful things that Plymouth has to offer to the city and the surrounding communities.

So.  Home again after Mass, we had soup for supper and now I am pleasantly tired and will be heading to bed.   Tomorrow, I have to work at Rhine for two hours but will sew on the lap robe while I am there so it will be a well spent time.

Love you all,  and God loves you too.  

Mary

No comments: