Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Sunday at home.

Actually, I did have to go out once.   Today, I dipped all the buckeyes in their chocolate coat.   I was all out of paraffin.  This is probably not essential, but you try to pick up chocolates without the paraffin.   It is really much more melty.   So I had to make a trip to the Pig to pick up the paraffub, 

It took me all day to do finish the buckeyes.  I kept stopping when I got tired.   Then I mixed nuts, raisins and coconut into the leftover chocolate and made candies of what was left of the dipping chocolate.

I got the plants from the patio into the garage, the lights hung on the front deck, the Santa Hat on my totem and the grill covered for the winter.

So it is no wonder that I am tired.

We called Jim and Michelle this afternoon as it was the longest since we had heard from them.  Actually, we found that they had posted on their blog yesterday, but I had not had a chance to check.   It is better hearing voices anyway.   They had another bad experience with a puppy and are giving up on a puppy companion for their Chip for a while.   They like multiple animals and may switch to kitties for a while.  They love them too.

They spent Thanksgiving with Bart and Barb and had a wonderful time.  It is nice that some of our orphan children are able to be together on these sentimental days.  They said it was great.  Bart and Barb, Jim and Michelle and Marlise, Barb's mom, and Fred, Barb's brother.  Sounds perfect.

What a fantasy football day.   The Packers lost (naturally I had picked them this week.)  I could go either way this week.   But I just hope I hold my own in the standings.   I am still a contender in the Last Man Standing pool.

So tomorrow is another busy day.   Tuesday I get to be home all day again.  I need to finish the lap robe for the Quilt club.

Have a great week on me.

God love you

Mary

No comments: