Monday, November 29, 2010

This has been a BUSY day.   Mondays  usually are. 

I left for Bible Study a bit early so that I could pick up candy canes for our Advent wall hanging.  I got Dove Pieces to fill the envelopes with.   Each day we get a piece of candy and the candy cane gets transferred to the tree.

Bible Study was good.   We have decided to bring the copy of the psalms that are read at the Sunday Mass, which we well hear sung, to our Monday study to enhance our learning of the Psalms.

I went right from the study to Gibbsville and took care of both Mother's and our Gibbsville Christmas presents.   Then back to Mom's.  I stopped at Ella's Dela to pick up an egg salad on marble rye for our lunch.   Mom and I had a good visit, a good lunch and we took care of LOTS of her bills and medicine things.    I sent out the first of the cashiers checks for the Irish trip to insure our spots in the hotels.  

Then home again where I rested for about an hour.   Couldn't sleep though so I am heading for bed pretty soon now.

I made my reservations for Ireland today.   Guess what, it was somewhat cheaper today.   Might be even cheaper if I wait a month, but I don't want to take that chance.  I was able to add travel insurance for the same cost.

Tomorrow I will be home all day.   Good thing,  There is a lot to do here and I need to recuperate after today.

I read a news brief about a woman who swerved off the road and ended up in the top of a tree 30 feet off the ground.   I reminded me of a man who came out to the sand dunes with our jeep club many years ago.

He had a friend build him a dune buggy.   The first time he used it was on this trip out in the dunes.   He got in the buggy, fired it up and took off.   He drove like a maniac.   Every body was cheering him on as he went round the camp and out and back over the dunes.  Then finally he steered it into a small ravine with lots of bushes and came to a halt.   We all ran over there and found out something very interesting.   The guy who built the buggy for him was about 8 inches taller and this poor guy was unable to compress the brake.  So once he got it going, he couldn't stop.

God love You

Mary

No comments: