Friday, November 19, 2010

Hi everybody.   What a nice day.   It was really cold and rather breezy out there, but since I did not have to stay out in it that was fine with me.

Jody came to clean this morning and I was rather busy, trying to get my email under control and working on some of the little communication items for the Brigit trip in February of next year.   We are finally confirmed, even if we don't get quite to our 20.  I believe we have 18 and will be able to function with that.    It is a wonderful group of women (and husbands) and should be a very intimate and exciting adventure.   My friend, Joe Donohue is strong arming the hotels to drop their 20 minimum which is sensible in this economy.   I hope Joe is driving for us.  He is now an owner of the company but I know him from two other trips.   Bobbie knows him too.   I would love to see him again.   His boy must be 10 by now.   He was single when Bobbie and I met him.

Anyway, I gave Dick a lunch of spaghetti just before I headed out to do errands and have lunch at the Dairy Queen.   I got the 3/$4 meal.   A cheeseburger, onion rings and a soda.   There were fur of us ther.  Joyce, Mary, Ceil and myself.   We had a great visit on this chilly afternoon.   I had picked up two prescriptions from Walgreens and did some shopping at Fleet before the lunch.   I found two really nice flannel shirts WITH POCKETS for Dick.   He needs more warm shirts for winter.

On the way home, I stopped at the Dear Old Books store to order a couple of books that I want.   I found out that she will take books for credit so a possible place to take the books we are weeding out of our bookshelves.  The other choices are places that have book sales for fundraisers, friends or St. Vinnies.

I pulled out some cauliflower soup for our supper.    Now I just have two kinds in the fridge so it is time to make some more,   I must decide between Garden chowder of Toscana.

The funniest thing happened this morning.  Jody came in to clean and Roxie walked over to greet her then turned and walked away.   Jody's eyes got big and she said,  "What happened to her tail?"    Apparently Roxie had always observed her from afar and Jody never noticed her lack of a tail.   So I told her about the Manx cat and that this is the proper way for a cat like Roxie to be and that she is a Stumpy.   Manx cats with no tail at all are called Rumpys.

So that was today.   Tomorrow will be moderately busy.   We are getting a lot of things cleaned up around her.  You would think it was spring cleaning time.

God love you

Mary

No comments: