Saturday, September 04, 2010

A totally lovely Saturday.   I fed Roxie at 6AM and went back to bed until 7AM.   How is that for nice?   I hope to accomplish the same tomorrow.

I kept myself busy all day.  I  dried some herbs, made lunch, did some cutting out and arranging of quilting projects and caught up on the emails.

I went to mass at 4PM.  That was a nice experience.  I was a eucharistic minister.  That always makes me feel like a more involved part of the service.

I talked to Bart and Barb and Bret and Jim and Michelle today, so it was a full day.   Everybody is doing pretty well.    This is my Bret's birthday.   He is 43 today.   I still remember that trip to the hospital.  That year, September 4th was Labor Day.   Bret's father was at a jeep club event.  We had decided that since it did not seem probable that Bret would be born that weekend, he should go to help with the event.

But Bret decided to come anyway, so Aunt Ruth, Cousin Linda and Jacquie took me to the hospital.   When I got up to the labor rooms, there were three or four other women there and I remember that the nurse said.   "Just because it is Labor Day, did not mean that you all had to come in at the same time."


So I have two days that I have no real commitments.   Monday, I will go and spend some time with Mother.  The rest, I kind of want to just do stuff for me.  We'll see how it goes.
God love you

Mary

No comments: