Wednesday, September 01, 2010

This week feels totally foreign.   The house has an empty feeling, yet I do feel Chelsea around too.  Just in the familiarity of the surroundings, it is hard not just assume she is in another room.  I hope she was not afraid on her way to heaven.   I couldn't go that far with her.  

I am keeping myself busy.   I did my grocery shopping this morning, then drove to Mom's to bring her prescription and a little present of Chocolate Raspberry wine.   I thought she would like that.   Tomorrow would be their anniversary.  I usually bring her flowers but she said the wine was just fine and we talked about her and Dad's wedding day.   She loves to share that day.

I go home in time to fix lunch but Dick was still napping so I ate some of my leftovers from yesterday.  Dick just wanted toast when he woke up.  We had planned on going out for dinner tonight, but Dick was not feeling so very good today, so we postponed out date until tomorrow.

So, I spent the afternoon preserving zucchini and tomatoes and cutting up a cantaloupe for snacking on.  The cantaloupe are very sweet this year at this time and we are taking advantage.

Tomorrow is mostly a stay at home day.   I hope to be able to rest.   I will be baking a batch of sourdough bread though.   I have been making the starter the past two days.

Take care of you.

God love you

Mary

No comments: