Sunday, September 05, 2010

Happy Sunday.   All  you who work still have one more day off before heading back to the grind.   Even Dick and I have a quiet day ahead of us.   I was going to fry out, but my friend, Kate, gave me some brats, so I see no sense in cooking anything else tomorrow.   

I forgot to tell you about a wonderful thing that happened to me yesterday.  I have decided to walk at least three times a week.   I am planning on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.    Yesterday, I started out at about 8AM and looked up to behold three Sandhill Cranes flying one behind the other moving North to South.    I love the cranes, as you know, and was so thrilled to see them.   I have heard them off and on since spring but only saw one of them before this sighting.    They are such elegant birds and so beautiful and graceful.   This was healing for me.

Today was quiet.   I spent a lot of time on Ancestry and composing a letter to my cousin David, who is really an expert genealogist.   He would like us to colaborate on a book of the Bowser, Clifford etc genealogy and I would really like to do that but am concerned as to the time commitment.  I am trying to convey that to him.  

I also spent some time downstairs working on some of my quilting projects.   I have this problem.  I want to do too many things and I want to do them all at once.   It is hard for me to say no and it is hard for me to just sit and do nothing.

We had my friend Kate's fresh tomato and meat sauce with rice for lunch.  It was quite good and then we ate leftovers for dinner.


We are now calling Roxie the Prima Donna as she is the only non human creature left and seems to be a bit concerned that Chelsea is gone.   She does not like change as much as she found Chelsea irritating. 

She is catching on that we are willing to spend almost as much time as she demands on her,.  This could get to be a problem.  Of course, it would be one of our own making.

I got a call from Mom this morning at about 8AM.  Her caregiver was not there.  They are supposed to be at her home to get her up at 7:30AM.   I called the company and she got someone out  there within a half an hour.   The company owner admitted that it was her error.   I called Mom as soon as I knew that someone was on the way and as she was back in bed, did not go out myself.    This is the second time that this has happened.    We will have to be aware of the situation and alert if it happens again.  The care has been excellent except for the two times that they did not show. 



Have a great Labor Day.

Love  and God love you

Mary

No comments: