Saturday, September 11, 2010

Today was a Rhine Plymouth Day.   I got there at about 10AM in the rain.   Our whole team was there for the Lewis Shoot.   The club had not really advertised and then the rain was another deterrent.  The first two hours our team just visited and puttered around.  Jerry and I cleaned the front windows sometime during the day.   Things picked up at after 1PM but we only had 25 participants ( including me.)   I decided to shoot for practice.  The first one, I only got 3.   I was griping the stock,  not following through AND Jerking.   When I finished that round, the guys gave me hints.  Bob told me to never look at the end of the barrel but to watch the bird.   Jerry reminded me not to grip the stock and Bill Hamer told me to lean forward and explained (for the first time, that this involves sticking your butt out so you make a solid base with the ground.  

The second round I did I got 11.  So something helped.   Now I have to assimilate these hints into my game.

I had expected to be home by 3PM but with all the latecomers, I did not get out of there until 3:30PM.  Fortunately,  Dick was not worried.  He was just getting up from his nap when I got home.  Actually, my phone call had wakened him but he does not move very fast.

Tomorrow is another busy day.   I am excited.   Jeff and Shane MAY be bringing over a small freezer for us and then might watch the second half of the Packer game with us.   I promised them beer and stew.  Anyone else want to come?


So. That was today.   I am going to Mass tomorrow morning at Blessed Trinity for the Celtic Mass then making a bee line to Rhine to work for our Sunday Open Shoot.

Please pray for Matt Speith's son, Chris.  He is the boy who had the heart transplant.  He had an appendectomy this week.   He is doing well but prayers are definitely in order.

God love you

Mary

No comments: