Sunday, September 12, 2010

Whew.   I am exhausted and kind of mellow all at the same time.

I started out this morning getting Dick ready for the coming week.   We are working on getting a rash under control.  

I drove to Sheboygan Falls to attend the Celtic Mass at Blessed Trinity Parish.  In the previous several years, I have been involved in the Mass.  This year, Zach Holzer is the new choir director and he chose to go on his own.   It was a nice mass, well directed but I noticed that there was no cover sheet with Celtic spirituality information and there was no bagpiper.   I rather think that the member of the parish was not available and they did not look any further.   So my worship folder was better.   Hee Hee.

I left home at about 9AM and stopped to visit with Mother until it was time for the prelude at church.   As it turned out, I had to leave directly after communion so that I could zip out into the grounds, greet my brother Randy and my sister in law Donna.  Then I got a single brat to take with me to Rhine for my lunch and two scones for breakfast tomorrow.   I stopped at the bandstand to say Hi to Dave and Linda from the band.   Dave asked if I had been involved in the planning this year.  Then one of his fellow members asked how I got out of volunteering.    I had to tell him that the only way to get out of things in a parish is to move to another parish.   Even then it took four years before I got out of working on this project.   Dave mentioned that one other way was to die.

I went right from church to home to grab my phone then on to Rhine for two hours of work at the open shoot.   We were not too busy.  I shot one round.  Not too well, but I hope I learned a bit.

I had but a beer and venison stew into the slow cooker this morning so at the Green Bay half time, Shane, Jeff and Georgie came and delivered the little freezer from Mom's house.   We all watched the last half of the game and feasted on stew and sourdough bread and corn bread and cupcakes.    It was such fun to have lots of people to feed and to enjoy the game with.

P. S.  At THIS point, I am one point off of the lead.   So my plan is working. 

Now we are at the end of the day.   It was a good day.   We even got to talk to Leslie this afternoon.  She called shortly after I got home from Rhine.  She sounds good and Bill is taking excellent care of her.   She goes back to the doctor tomorrow and we will be praying for good results and readings.   But she DOES sound good.    One day at a time to full health.

God love you all.

Mary

I received this some time ago and may have forwarded it  at the time, but I think it is worth repeating.

Mary


 
 
FLORIDA COURT SETS ATHEIST HOLY DAY


In Florida , an atheist created a case against the upcoming Easter and
Passover holy days. He hired an attorney to bring a discrimination case
against
Christians, Jews and observances of their holy days.

The argument was that it was unfair that atheists had no such recognized
days.

The case was brought before a judge. After listening to the passionate
presentation by the lawyer, the judge banged his gavel declaring, "Case
dismissed!"

The lawyer immediately stood objecting to the ruling saying, "Your honor,
how can you possibly dismiss this case? The Christians have Christmas,
Easter and others. The Jews have Passover, Yom Kippur and Hanukkah, yet
my client and all other atheists have no such holidays."

The judge leaned forward in his chair saying, "But you do. Your client,
counsel, is woefully ignorant."

The lawyer said, "Your Honor, we are unaware of any special observance
or holiday for atheists."

The judge said, "The calendar says April 1st is April Fools Day.
Psalm 14:1 states, 'The fool says in his heart, there is no God.'
Thus, it is the opinion of this court, that if your client says there is
no God, then he is a fool. Therefore, April 1st is his day. Court is
adjourned.

No comments: