Wednesday, September 08, 2010

A very busy Wednesday.   I had expected Roxie to wake me at 6AM but the silly girl let me sleep so I got an extra half and hour.

I picked up Egg Mc Muffins from Mc Donalds for our breakfast.   It is kind of a throwback to when we would shop together.   Then we always went out for breakfast.  Mc Donald's was ONE of the places we used to go.   I wish I could get Dick to go shopping with me again.

Shopping went pretty well and I filled the gas tank too.   I always like to cluster my errands.   When I got home I immediately put the groceries away and made the Summer Salad that I intended to take to my classmate, Kenny Richter's home for our gathering.   The Class of 58 meets for lunch several times a year and Kenny and his wife Barb opened up their home on Horseshoe Lake for this one,   As it turned out, it was too cold to sit outside, or swim , or boat, but we didn't much care.   We all had a lot to visit about and ate like pigs.

Even IF I FORGOT TO PUT MY SALAD IN THE COOLER.
  Guess what we will be eating the next couple of days and I have plenty to share.   Just let me know.   It is a wonderful salad.   Pasta, tuna, spinach, tomatoes, pine nuts and olive oil.    Spiced, of course.

As I said the gathering was so nice.  There were about 10 of us plush spouses, so we all got to really catch up with each other.  I was able to share with my friend Joanne, who has cilieac about a cake that is so yummy and she gave me the name of a place that has gluten free bread that is good.   She is a dear.  Her aunt is Dorothy Blust.   For a bit I had that Dorothy confused with another Dorothy Blust.   Her aunt is still living and is close to Mother's age.  She is doing quite well and still drives.

The other Dorothy Blust was a bridge partner of Mother's all those years until she passed on.   She used to scare the dickens out of Eileen.   She could not have children and wanted Eileen and whenever they had bridge at our house, she would tell Eileen that she was hers.   She was a little gruff and probably tried to hug her too.   Poor Eileen, still remembers.

Then, Dick and I went to Sweet Basil for our supper.   It is nice to go out and nice to go somewhere that one is recognized.   They always get "our" table read when they see us coming and even remember what we like best and what we drink.   How is that for service.

Before we left to go out, we called Willis Knightson Hospital in Bossier City to check on Leslie.   She sounded REALLY good.   That made us feel better.   It looks like she will be going home tomorrow.   Not bad though she will need lots of followup as the defrib is still there.

Keep praying.

God love you

Mary

No comments: