Thursday, September 23, 2010

Such a nice Autumn day. A bit muggy for my taste but quite pleasant.  Our neighbor, Dick, came over at about 9AM and we divided a couple of my plants for him.   I ran into the house when it started to rain.  He did too but he finished on his own a bit later.   The rain was very short lived.   I understand that we are supposed to get more tonight.

I was on a cooking frenzy today.  Don't know why.  But I made a batch of chili,  a batch of summer squash-lemon-strawberry bread and a chicken Waldorf salad.   We will have the salad and bread tomorrow for lunch while Bobbie is here.   Bobbie and I are going to do wine.    I am putting a batch of lemon balm into the primary fermenter and she needs to rack her strawberry wine onto the secondary.  She may have another batch to get started,   I am not sure.

I had one set of errands today.  I had to mail an unusual sized envelope from the post office and go to Walgreens for prescriptions, OTC meds and a couple of household needs. 

So it was a busy day mostly at home.  Which is how Dick and I like it.   We had leftovers for both lunch and supper so my cooking was the above described.  Roxie has been very cuddly today.   She is quite demanding about my taking a nap after our lunch these days.   How quickly these critters get used to a routine.

Have a nice Friday.

I will be shooting in the evening.

God love you

Mary

No comments: