Friday, August 20, 2010

What a day.   Jody came to clean the house this morning.   I had been busy getting Chelsea walked and fixing breakfast.  Dick had requested pancakes.    So I made some.   I am using up some yogurt.   I adapted a recipe that called for plain yogurt using yogurt with fruit in it and they were delicious.   

I picked up some sweet corn for our lunch as I was not to be home for our usual corn and tomato supper.

Then I took a little nap before getting ready to go to IRISH FEST!!!!!

I left for Janet and Rich Bieschke's at about 2:30PM.  They were leaving at 3PM and were kind enough to let me ride along with them.  We got to the festival grounds shortly after four and were able to take advantage of the free entry between 4 and 5:30PM.    We all stuck together for about a half an hour, then Richard got bored with our shopping and went on to watch the dancers and get a good beer.   Janet and I made our way to the Cultural Village.   I found Cindy Matyi, Pat Gallagher and met Steven O Loughlin, who's work I have enjoyed from afar since I met Patrick and Cindy.   I am going to get a couple of his prints and will share them with you.  At least one will be a gift.


This is where Jane and I lost each other because I spent quite a bit of time visiting with Cindy and Patrick.  Then I couldn't find her so I grabbed a Reuben Roll which was really good and headed over to the Aer Lingus stage to enjoy the Green Fields of America reunion.   I knew that Robbie O Connell was going to be there but did not expect Jimmy Keane as he had not been listed online.  So it was a double pleasure.  I picked up a glass of mead to enjoy while I watched their show.   After it was over, I went around the building to the entrance to back stage, fully expecting a crowd of other people (despite the fact that it had been raining off and on for the past hour along with lightening and thunder.   Then, just as I got to the foot of the stage door stairs, they skies opened and the winds came like a hurricane.   I stood there against the wall in a corner deciding where to make my break to when the door opened and one of the volunteers saw me and asked me in.   So I got to see Robbie and Jimmy in a nice warm dry quiet place.   I told Robbie, I was back there because I was the only fool to decide to try to go to the stage entrance to meet them and that I was  the groupie that got past the guards.  

I also met Danny Golden sitting on a stool waiting.  He still dances and talked to Dennis from Blarney.

It was fun.   When the rain stopped, I decided to get on my way as I still had to find Mary Pat Kelly..

After another phone call, I did find her.   We had a great visit as she was selling her book.  I met several of her friends too.   Suddenly I realized that it was almost 8PM and Janet, Rich and I had decided that if we got separated we would meet at the entrance between 8 and 8:30PM.   I checked around the entrance and did not see them so I ambled over to the Tipperary Tea Room to get an Irish Coffee and some cookies.   I got to hear the Last of the Schooner Fare concert.  They were singing We the People.   I also found Dave and Ellen.  Dave leads the group that sings at Blessed Trinity's Celtic Mass and Faire.  Ellen is very interested in being a Celtic Woman.


So it was a special day.   I am pleased that I can go back again on Sunday.  I know what I want to do and what I want to buy then.   Mary Pat and I are going to do an early morning coffee right after Mass.  And I will try to get Cindy out for a break too.   She is rather frail and has just recovered from a bout of food poisoning.  This on top of chemo.  At least her daughter and a friend of her daughter's are here to help her.

It is now after 11PM.  Later that I am EVER up.   Tomorrow I am home ALL day.  I don't even have to go to church as I am going to the Mass at the Marcus Ampitheatre.   So.  I hope your day was as good as mine and wish you sweet dreams.

Love and God loves you too

Mary

No comments: