Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The night was a bit broken up.  Chelsea got me up before 1AM again.  Then she let me sleep until almost 5AM.  Needless to say, I went back to bed and shut the door.  Then Dick came back to bed shortly after 6AM so I eventually got up and just started moving.   The critters and I got the feeding and the bathing and the walking done before 7:30  and then I headed to the grocery store.

I was there quite early and the store was quiet.   Dick had checked the lottery tickets and said that there were no winners.  I always double check them in the automatic checker.  Guess what!  We had a $32  winner so this week was "free." A nice surprise for both of us.

I filled the gas tank on the way home so I am probably good for another two weeks.   I seem to be always driving, but they are usually in town and don't use much gas.

I go home and put the groceries away.  Chelsea and Dick were both sleeping, so when it got close to 10AM, I headed out with my guns to Rhine to shoot a round a trap and meet Nancy and her grandson so Nancy and I could practice our pistol shooting.

It was quiet today as most of the shooters were done.   I was actually done but wanted to do a practice round.   I got a 9.   Not great but I was settling down and Jerry gave me some hints on the line which will maybe penetrate my pea brain. I am using the shells that my friend Norb loaded.   I was going along just fine until my second last shot.   He must have slipped a heavy load in there on me and it set me back two feet.  Everybody jumped and then started laughing at me. (But they jumped a bit too.)  Wait til I see Norb at the bust up.

 I did not do too badly at the pistol shooting  but not to great either.  But it was fun and Nancy's grandson, Jack, is a really nice boy.

I got home at about 11 and fixed lunch and then tried to take a nap as I was tired.  I could not sleep but did rest for an hour.   Dick WAS awake when I got home but just getting up.

We drove on over to the Eye Clinic at 2:30PM.   Dr. Cheryl did a refraction on his eyes and did feel that there was enough of a change to warrant a change in his left lens.   There may be changes happening yet but the vision has deteriorated enough that he is not enjoying much in the way of reading or the computer.   The change would allow one free change in the next 12 months and it is worth it to have him seeing.   I know this has been distressing as it has happened so fast.  So, in a week or so the new lens will be in and he will be able to see and read again.

We got home about 4 and have been pretty much lazing around.  Of course, Chelsea does not approve of me just sitting and has had me take her out a few times, but she seems to be settling down again.   I



Tomorrow, except for going to lunch at Mother's with Kate (we are going to pick up lunch at the Point) I will be home all day.   The next day, I will be going to Irish Fest with my friends Rich and Janet.  So things are quieting down and pickup up all to onst.

I sure hope I get a good night's sleep as I am really tired now.

Till tomorrow.

God keep you in the palm of His hand.

Mary

No comments: