Thursday, August 19, 2010

One would think that Thursday should be a quiet day.   It was not too bad.   Chelsea was pretty good.  She woke me up the first time at about 3AM and then again at about 6AM.  She kind of worried me because she did not eat a very good breakfast and I had trouble getting her pills into her. 

I spent the morning watering plants, emailing people and calling people.   Then, at 11:30AM, I left to pick up Kate.  She had an Obama election pin with is picture and all the previous presidents that she had picked up in Washington DC when she went to her DAR convention.   She knows that Mom collects political buttons.   We picked up lunch at the Point and had a lovely lunch with Mother.   We got steak sandwiches and french fries.   I had forgotten how GOOD the steak sandwiches are at the Point.  Thank you, Ron, for sending us there.   Kate had originally thought of picking up lunch at Chesters.


We left at about 1PM.  As we were leaving, Loraine Schaap and Tom Keyes, were coming down the street to visit Mother as a visit from Blessed Trinity.   Loraine even had communion for her.    Kat and the Keyes are good friends so this was a good visit.  I was glad that Loraine got to meet Kate as we have been praying for her and Ron for years.

When I got home, I took a nap.   I needed it by then as after Kate and I left Mom's we went shopping at Richardsons Furniture and then picked up Chelsea's meds at the vet.   I got some tea at their Tea Atrium.  I still need to take Mother there for some tea and cakes.  She would enjoy that and it would be an easy trip.

So, we are at the end of the day.  Tomorrow is Irishfest and I am SO looking forward to it.  I am getting corn in the morning and we will have it for lunch instead of our evening meal.  

Be good and tomorrow night I will tell you about the fest.  I hope to hook up with several of my friends tomorrow and arrange to have meals or gatherings with them either Friday or Sunday.

God love you

Mary



 

No comments: